Flutter

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Break: Philadelphia and Valley Forge

Philadelphia and Valley Forge


For Spring Break we decided to drive to D.C. with a quick stop in Philadelphia and Valley Forge.
We were so thankful to spend a couple days with
Sheena and Brian (I'm so sad I forgot to takes pictures)
and spend a couple days right in D.C.
There was so much to see and I didn't even come close to realizing how
much my feet would hurt from all the walking.
We loved every museum and tour and feel blessed we had the
time and opportunity to see the things we got to see. 

Philadelphia


Yummy philly cheese steak


Independence Hall

Where the first Congress met

Where the first Senate met

I thought this was neat to see the original rug.


Where the first Supreme Court met

Liberty Bell

The first Federal Bank

The foundation to a house where some of the
Founding Fathers stayed while they were in Philadelphia.

The Rocky Steps

Jeff pretending he's Rocky

Rocky statue

Valley Forge

Valley Forge cabin

It was cold that day!

George Washington's house at Valley Forge

George Washington's house

Of course, Jeff likes the kitchen where all the food is.

George Washington's house




This is my favorite Valley Forge picture
 
 
Washington D.C. Temple

2 comments:

  1. FUN!! I've been out east a couple of times and still haven't seen Valley Forge, which is really unfortunate because I really like studying the Revolutionary War. :( Also, how neat to get a picture free of people at the Liberty Bell! Our pictures (from Sheena's reception out there) are just FULL of other tourists. :(

    And Tasha and Beth would love the Rocky pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO love the Rocky pictures. ;p
      Also, I remember standing right where you are when we saw the Liberty Bell!

      Delete